GOAL! THE DREAM BEGINS by: Robert Rigby

Friday, May 7, 2010

Blog #1 - Goal! The Dream Begins (General Overview)

As the novel of GOAL! begins as the immigration officers are trying to get Santiago and his family. But they escape and hitch a ride with a friend and goes to Santiago's game. He arrives late to the game, his team is losing when he gets there. The coach put him on and right away he shines and got his team to win 4-2. Couple days later a new character Glen was watching his 7 year old sons game at the same park and he notices this means team and he sees a young player that caught his eye. After the game he walked up and talked to Santiago and he told him how amazing he played. He said he would get an agent to watch him at his next game. Barry is the agent that Glen knows he said he would watch the game. The Americanitos, Santiago's team arrived to play Galaxy reserves. Barry did not show up. Glen had called the Newcastle United coach to ask him if he would allow a player to have a trail. Santiago needed $400 to go to England, so he works his butt off to get the money and then his dad steals it to buy a truck. But his grandmother Mercedes gave him the money to go to England. He then arrives in England and Glen takes him to his house. Next Morning he went to St. James Park for the training practice and messes up. the coaching staff said he is not needed anymore and that is how i finished the 1/3 of the book.


If you were in Santiago's position, would you give up all your money and go to a foreign land to pursue your dreams, even if you knew you could not succeed?

5 comments:

  1. If I was in Santiago's position, I would give up all my money to go to a foreign land to pursue my dreams, even if I knew I wouldn't succeed because I would learn from my decision but at the same time do what I really think would make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was in santiago's position, I would give up all my money to go to a foreign land to pursue my dreams, even if there was a chance that I would not succeed. I think you only live once, so you should do everything you can to achieve your dreams. Also, you never know if you don't try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i was in Santiago's position, i would not pursue my dreams if i had no chance to succeed, whats the point. If i knew i had a chance to succeed i would pursue my dream even if i had to spend all my money to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd give it a shot. You learn even from your failures, and I'd want to pursue my dream, even if it meant that I would lose something in the end. Santiago had an opportunity of a lifetime, and he made a good decision to take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were in his position, I would definitely spend all my money to get to a foreign country, even if it meant that there was a chance that you may not succeed. You can take the risk to see whether or not you made the right decision but in the end, you will see if you made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete