GOAL! THE DREAM BEGINS by: Robert Rigby

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog #2 - Goal! The Dream Begins (Main Character)

The main character in my novel is Santiago and he has a natural talent inside of him but when he gets the chance to shine he fails. The first time he was not use to the playing weather as it rains all the time in England and could not play like he did back home. He is use to a nice dry surface and not a surface that is completely wet and the balls skips and couldn't adjust. Hughie also was tackling him and making fun of him the whole match, which also got him off his game. So he did not impress the coaching staff and was cut. The second time he has the chance again to prove his worth in the reserve squad game. But before the game a certain Hughie Magowon he has been after Santiago the whole novel because he knows he is better, crushes Santiago's inhaler. Santiago has asthma. So when he is playing he loses his breathe quickly and cannot perform up to his normal task. He suddenly collapses on the field and gets substituted. The coach went into the dressing room and told Santiago that he is not needed anymore. Then later on the star player Gavin Harris sees the talent that Santiago has and tells the coach to put him on the team and the manager listens and gives him another shot.

How would you overcome this obstacle that Santiago is having? Hughie is the main problem between him and a starting spot on the team, he is always so close to making his dreams reality. How could you over pass this and strive to succeed?

6 comments:

  1. I would overcome this obsticle by trying my hardest and proving that I am right. I wouldn't do something to someone else to get what I want,like what Santiago did to Hughie. I would strive to succeed by working to the best of my ability

    ReplyDelete
  2. How i would over come this obsticle is by having a one on one session with the coach or i would practise every day to get used to the turf and go out and try out again and prove to Hughie what i got

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would over come this obstacle by telling the coach what Hughie is doing and try to show the coach my full potential and that I deserve a spot on the team. Also I would tell him all that I have done already to get a spot on the team. Hopefully the coach would see my side and give me a spot on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would die for an opportunity that he has. I would forget about Hughie and just play the game I know how to play. When your life is on the line I think you would step up and do anything to succeed if you really want it. I believe your time will eventually come when you work hard enough for something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would overcome this obstacle that Santiago is having by talking to the coach. I won't tell the coach what Heghie did, only because it would make me look bad. It would make me look bad because I am trying to prove myself to the coach and blaming Heghie for what happened. The way I would over come this and try to strive to succeed is by trying my hardest and proving myself to the coach that I have the skills to be part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If i was in Santiago's position i would practice twice as hard, and i would try to prove to the coach that im better than Heghie, and that im a better team player.

    ReplyDelete